**If you’re looking to book an airbnb for the first time, use this link to get £20 off your first trip
The other night I wrote a post about my top 10 favourite Airbnb listings in London for under £100. Then, inspired by a conversation I had on twitter today – I thought, where would I stay if the tables were turned? Where would I stay if I had an unlimited budget?
You see, Mark and I have this plan to someday give up all of our belongings and travel around the world and stay in Airbnbs. By then we would be full-time telecommuters with seven or more different income streams. So we would need a place that would be fit for work (desk or big table and straight-back chairs a must).
We’d also want it to feel like the luxury of home. Which sometimes requires a bit more budget.
So to dream for dream’s sake, I’ve curated my top 10 favourite luxury Airbnb listings in London. Most of these range from £230-£450 a night.
Remember my criteria? A combination of character, style, space, location, and great hosts.
So here we have it, my top 10 favourite luxury Airbnb listings in London.
1. Farm house, Islington – £420/night – A beautiful and spacious kitchen which backs onto a massive garden. Green space like this is a rare commodity London. Also check out the mini-library in this listing.
2. Swedish-like in Hampstead Heath – £390/night – The design of this place is awesome. It’s also minimal which makes staying in strangers’ houses that much easier (no creepy family photos).
3. Clerkenwell townhouse with rooftop – £350/night – This place has a roof-top jacuzzi and BBQ. We would eat pulled pork in our jacuzzi everyday if we stayed here.
4. Kensington: Fit for a princess – £250/night – This place is a bit wacky if you check out the whole listing, but that’s the joy of staying in an Airbnb. It’s always fun to try new things (and it’s never permanent).
5. Kensington again, right next to the Palace – £450/night – This place is a stones throw from Kensington Palace, and boasts a massive garden. There is a dog though, so those with allergies beware.
6. Beautiful mews in Notting Hill – £240/night – Oh I would love to live in a mews. Tucked away down a side street, with your door opening onto a cobblestone drive. So quaint.
7. The flat of all Notting Hill flats – £260/night – This one is maybe my favourite. I love kitchens that open onto the garden, and feature loads of natural light. This listing has loads of space, and again, clean decorum.
8. City of Westminster (never sleeps) – £225/night – I mean, come on people, it has a piano!!!
9. More mews in Notting Hill – £225/night – This place is located just off the infamous Portobello Road, a perfect location for weekend visits (check out Portobello market).
10. East end penthouse – £285/night – Because who doesn’t want to stay in a penthouse in Shoreditch? Think of the views.